The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and in 2012–13 individual schools were allocated funding for children from low-income families who were eligible for free school meals, looked after children and those from families with parents in the Armed Forces.
You can view or download our Pupil Premium allocation and find out how we are using it this academic year.
- Pupil Premium & Recovery Premium Strategy Statement 2021-2024 (19-21 Review)
- Pupil Premium & Recovery Premium Strategy Statement 2022-23 (2021-22 Review)
Department for Education Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium
ALL pupils leaving primary school should be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sport and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
The following plans show how the premium is being allocated in our school:
- Sherburn Primary School Sports Premium 2022-23
- Sherburn Draft Sport Premium Plan 2021-22
- Sherburn Primary Sport Premium Plan 2020-21 evaluation
- Sherburn Primary Sport Premium Plan 2020-21
Keep up to date with Sherburn Primary’s Sport News.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.